1978 - 1982 Department of Economics ,Beijing Normal University
Bachelor's degree in Economics
1982 – 1984 Department of Economics, Beijing Normal University
Master's degree in Economics
1988 - 1995 Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration
PhD in Economics and Business
1984 - Present Beijing Normal University, Professor
1990 - 1996 Vienna University of Economics and Business Administration, Lecturer
2001 Otto-Von-Guericke University of Magdeburg, Germany, Visiting Professor
2003 - 2011 Tiffin University, USA, Visiting Professor
2007 - 2008 MBA Education Center, Beijing Normal University, Director
2008 - 2011 Beijing Normal University, Librarian
1996 - Present China Overseas Returned Scholars Association -Germany and Austria Branch, Trustee
2007 - 2011 Beijing Normal University Academic Degree Committee, Commissioner
2005 - 2011 Beijing Normal University Education Steering Committee, Commissioner
Journal or conference papers
- Liu, Songbai /Aimin Pan(2005). "The management of reverse supply chain and the analysis of the retail strategy", "New Vision", 2005/3.
- Liu, Songbai (2005). "Cross-border management: Challenges enterprise are facing in Beijing in the process of internationalization", "Journal of Beijing Normal University (Social Sciences)", 2005.
- Liu, Songbai (2004). "Empirical analysis of the success and failure determinants of corporate change", "New Vision", 2004/2.
- Liu, Songbai (2004). "Transnational management in Beijing : Current situation, problems and Countermeasures", "Beijing Social Science", 2004/1.
- Liu, Songbai (2003). "On the misunderstandings of the establishment of 'modern enterprise system' ", "Nanjing Social Sciences", 2003/5.
- Liu, Songbai (2003). "Theorectical analysis of the change from the corporate strategic model to the international strategic model", Reform, 2003/4.
- Liu, Sonbai (2003). "Enterprise internationalization and international enterprise", "Journal of Theories", 2003/3.
- Liu, Songbai (2003). "Enterprise Internationalization: The challenges faced by the Chinese enterprises", "Beijing Social Sciences", 2003/1.
- Liu, Songbai (2002). "Re-thinking about the establishment of 'modern enterprise system' ", "Management World", 2002/2.
- Liu, Songbai (2002), "Globalization, WTO and the Chinese economy – On the causes of China's accession to WTO and the consequent challenges", "Dongyue Essays", 2002/2.
- Liu, Songbai (2001). "Managerial thinking on China's western development strategy", "Beijing Social Sciences", 2001/4.
- Li, Jjiangyu & Liu, Songbai (2007). Issues and attitudes related to Online trust in China: Empirical findings from a consumer survey. Sixth Wuhan International Conference on e-business, Vols 1-4: 444-451.
- Li, Jing, Liu, Songbai & Li, Jjiangyu (2007). Collaborative memory: Managing knowledge in collaborative commerce context. Sixth Wuhan International Conference on e-business, Vols 1-4: Management Challenges in a Global World : 1442-1447. ISTP retrieval IDS number: BGO56, ISBN: 978-0-9604962-9-7 (C class).
- Liu, Songbai (2007). "Fulfillment of the external social responsibilities of enterprises through the desing of the corporate Internal structure". The third international annual meeting on ethics, 26-27 October, 2007.
- Zhu, Yanchun, Liu, Songbai & Li, Jjiangyu (2008). A framework for modeling and evaluating e-business trust using Fuzzy Cognitive Maps. International Conference on Service Science. Beijing, P. R. China, 2008/4.
- 1Chau, Gavin & Liu, Songbai (2009). Enhancing Enterprise Information Integration using Six Sigma. Total Quality Management & Business Excellence.
Monographs and textbooks
- Liu, Songbai(2001). "Principles of Management", Higher Education Press, 2001.
- Liu, Songbai(1998)."Einfuehrung in die Wirschaftschinesisch" (German Version), Oldenbourg Press, 1998.
- Liu, Songbai(2003)."International management", China Economics Press, 2003.
- Freilinger, Christian, Liu, Songbai & Fischer, Johannes(2003)."Change management", China Economics Press, 2003.
- Liu, Songbai(2001). "Study of the new structure of the world’s economics", Beijing Normal University Press, 2001.
- Liu, Songbai(2006). "Initiative strategy" (Series of the initiatives of the entreprise’ cross-cultural management), China Economics Press, 2006.
- Rue, Leslie W.& Byars, Lloyd L.(2005). "Management - Skills and application", Beijing University Press, 2006 (translation: Liu, Songbai).
- 1996/10 - 2000/10 : "95" key project, National Social Sciences Fund, P. R. China: "Study of the new structure of the world’s economics : A new world economics pattern in the European Union".
- 2002-2003 : Collaborative research project with Magdeburg University, Germany: "International Management".
- 2002-2003 : Collaborative research project with Kybernetika Company, Austria : "Change Management".
- 2003-2006 : Collaborative reserach project with Beijing Guanghua School of Management Training Center: "International comparative study of the MBA education and teaching".
- 2006-2008 : Teaching Reform and Construction Project, Beijing Normal University : "Study of the experimental teaching reform in the undergraduate education among Business Administration majors".
- 2006 ~ 2008 : Collaborative research project with Sogn og Fjordane University College, Norway: "A comparative Study of Norwegian enterprises in China and Chinese enterprises".
- Collborative research project with Montclair State University, USA : "A comparative study of the management education in China and USA".
- 2007-2010 : Collaborative research project with Hong Kong Tianma Electronic Machinery Co., Ltd. : "Application of Six Sigma model in small- and medium-sized enterprises".
- 2007-2010 : Collaborative research project with Bocai Research Institute, Macao: "Applied research of customer relationship management model".
- 2007-2008 : Collaborative research project with IBM China Research Institute: "Study of the major constructs of trust and the trust model under Web2.0l".
- 2008-2009 : Collaborative research project with Admetus Macao Co. Ltd.: "Study of the theories about corporate change".
- 2008-2009 : Collaborative research project with Super Gold Holding Company, Hong Kong: "Study of corporate’s diversified development".
- 2008-2009 : Seminal Course, Ministry of Education, P. R. China : "Construction project: Modern service theories and the cases of industrial application".