Office： 5F, Building N
Ph.D. of Urban Studies and Regional Economics, East China Normal University
Master of Science, Hubei University
Bachelor of Economics, Hubei University
2020/9 to present City University of Macau, Faculty of International Tourism and Management,
Professor, Executive Associate Dean, Ph.D Supervisor
2016/9 to 2020/8 City University of Macau, Faculty of International Tourism and Management,
Associate Professor, Ph.D Supervisor
2011/9 to 2016/8 City University of Macau, Faculty of International Tourism and Management,
Invited Professor, Associate Dean, Ph.D Supervisor
2005/9 to 2011/8 Macau University of Science and Technology, Faculty of International Tourism Management,
Associate Professor, Program Coordinator
Tourism Resource Management
Tourism Environment Management
Tourist Attraction Planning and Environment
Introduction to MICE Industry
MICE Project Design and Management
Tourism Destination Management
MICE Industry Management
Professional Certification and Awards
Tour Guide Certificate of the People 's Republic of China (English)
- Zhu, C., Fong, L. H. N., Li, X*, Buhalis, D., Chen, H. (2023). Short video marketing in tourism: Telepresence, celebrity attachment, and travel intention, International Journal of Tourism Research, https://doi.org/10.1002/jtr.2599. (SSCI) *Corresponding author
- Li, X., Feng, Z., & Chen, S. X. (2023). The impact of perceived social hospitality on destination image: The moderating effect of cultural intelligence. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 56, 214-228. (SSCI)
- Xie, J., & Li, X*. (2023). From theatrical elements to festival attendees’perceived emotional synchrony: The perspective of interaction ritual chain theory. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 56, 83-93. (SSCI), *Corresponding author.
- Liu, J., Leou, E. C., Chen, C., & Li, X. (2023). Can Trust Bring Satisfaction to the Festival Under Pandemic? SAGE Open, 13(1). https://doi.org/10.1177/21582440221147248 (SSCI)
- Wong, I. A., Sun, D., Xiong, X., & Li, X. (2023). Craving alterreal authenticity through the post-postmodern lens: An experimental inquiry. Tourism Management, 94, 104654.
- Liu, J., Li, X.*, Zhang, L., Lu, Q., & Su, X. (2022). Authenticity, psychological ownership and tourist commitment in heritage tourism: the moderating effect of cultural intelligence. Current Issues in Tourism, 1-18. https://doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2022.2153650 (SSCI)*Corresponding author
- Chen, S. X., Feng, Y., Li, X., & Liu, J. (2022). Response of travel agencies in China to COVID-19: disaster sensemaking, adaptation, and resilience. Current Issues in Tourism, 1-16.
- Juan Liu, Xi Li*, Hong Chen, Xinwei Su & Runzhe Yu (2022) Bed and Breakfast (B&B) social servicescape and customer satisfaction: Positive emotion mediation and sex moderation, Journal of Psychology in Africa, 32:2, 152-158, DOI: 10.1080/14330237.2022.2028071 (SSCI) *Corresponding author
- Li, X., Xie, J., & Chen, S. X. (2022). Cannot wait to share? An exploration of tourists' sharing behavior during the 'traveling to the site' stage. Current Issues in Tourism, 1-18, DOI: 10.1080/13683500.2022.2106192 (SSCI)
- Li X., Xie J., Feng Z., & Chan H. (2022), Exploring residents' helping and tolerant behavior through the lens of cultural intelligence, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management,50(3), 232-244, DOI: 10.1016/j.jhtm.2022.02.008. (SSCI)
- Li X., Liu J., Su X., Xiao Y& Xu C. (2022), Exploration of leisure constraints perception in the context of a pandemic: an empirical study of the Macau Light Festival, Frontiers in Psychology, DOI: 10.3389/fpsyg.2022.822208. (SSCI)
- Li X., Liu J., & Su X. (2021). Effects of motivation and emotion on experiential value and festival brand equity: The moderating effect of self-congruity, Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, DOI:10.1016/j.jhtm.2021.11.015. (SSCI)
- Chen, H., Li, X.*, Chiu, T., & Chen, F. (2021). The Impact of Perceived Justice on Behavioral Intentions of Cantonese Yum Cha Consumers: the Mediation Role of Psychological Contract Violation. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management. (SSCI) *Corresponding author
- Zhu, L., Li, X.*, & Wang, Y. (2021). The Impact of Social Capital on Residents’ Supportive Attitude to Tourism Development: The Mediation Role of Perception of Justice. SAGE Open. DOI: 10.1177/21582440211047591. (SSCI) *Corresponding author
- Li, X., Xiao, Y., & Zhang, Y. (2021). Influence of Scenic Theme Shopping Environment on Tourist Impulsive Purchasing Behavior: Taking Zhuhai Chimelong Ocean Kingdom as Example. Areal Research and Development, (4), 112–117. (CSSCI)
- Li, X., Yu, R., & Su, X. (2021). Environmental beliefs and pro-environmental behavioral intention of an environmentally themed exhibition audience: the mediation role of exhibition attachment. SAGE Open, DOI: 10.1177/21582440211027966. (SSCI)
- Hu, X. Li, X.*. Kou, I.T. Su, X.W. (2021). Macau residents’ attitude to the free independent travelers’ policy (FIT): from the perspective of ABC model and group comparison. Asia Pacific Journal of Tourism Research, DOI: 10.1080/10941665.2021.1940223. (SSCI) *Corresponding author.
- Li, X., Su, X., & Du, Y. (2021). The environmental sustainability of an exhibition in visitors' eyes: Scale development and validation. Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Management, 46, 172-182. (SSCI).
- Hu, X., & Li, X.* (2021). How does customer psychological empowerment affect value co-creation? An empirical study of travel agencies in Mainland China, Asia Pacific Business Review, DOI: 10.1080/13602381.2021.1872915. (SSCI) . *Corresponding author
- Su, X., Li, X.*, Wang, Y., Zheng, Z., & Huang, Y. (2020). Awe of Intangible Cultural Heritage: The Perspective of ICH Tourists. SAGE Open, 10(3), Doi: 10.1177/2158244020941467. (SSCI) *Corresponding Author
- Su, X., Li, X.*, Wu, Y., & Yao, L. (2020). How Is Intangible Cultural Heritage Valued in the Eyes of Inheritors? Scale Development and Validation. Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research, 44(5), 806-834. (SSCI) *Corresponding Author
- Wu, J., Li, X.*, Gao, B., & Su, X. (2020). The Effects of Serious Leisure Involvement on Subjective Well-Being and Successful Aging: A Case Study of Young-Old Participants in Chinese Seniors’ Universities. SAGE Open, 10(1), Doi: 10.1177/2158244020914559. (SSCI) *Corresponding Author
- Xi Li, Xinwei Su, Yingchuan Wang. (2020). Experiential branded app engagement and brand loyalty: An empirical study in the context of a festival, Journal of Psychology in Africa, (10), Doi: 10.1080/14330237.2020.1821312. (SSCI)
- Qun Li, Xi Li*, Wei Chen, Xinwei Su, Runzhe Yu. (2020). "Involvement, place attachment, and environmentally responsible behaviour connected with geographical indication products, Tourism Geographies, Doi：10.1080/14616688.2020.1826569. (SSCI) *Corresponding Author
- XIAO, Y. LI, X*. (2019). A comparative study of the authenticity perception of Chinese and foreign tourists in cultural heritage sites: a case study of Beijing. Journal of arid area resources and environment. (CSSCI) *Corresponding Author
- Li, X., Su, X., Hu, X., & Yao, L. (2019). App users’ emotional reactions and festival satisfaction: the mediating role of situational involvement. Journal of Travel & Tourism Marketing, 36(9), 980-997. (SSCI)
- ZENG,T., LI, X.* (2019). Optimization of diversified development of Macau tourism: from the perspective of the relationship between tourist type and tourism leisure experience quality. Journal of South China Normal University (Social Science Edition),(5),49-59. (CSSCI) *Corresponding Author
- Zhang, T., Wen, H., & Li, X. (2019). A Tourist-Based Model of Authenticity of Heritage Sporting Events: The Case of Naadam. Sustainability, 11(1), 108. (SSCI)
- Su, X., Li, X*., & Kang, Y. (2019). A Bibliometric Analysis of Research on Intangible Cultural Heritage Using CiteSpace. SAGE Open, 9(2), 2158244019840119. (SSCI) , *Corresponding Author
- Wong, I. A., Fong, H. I. V., Leong, A. M. W., & Li, J. X. (2019). Predicting event tourists’ gambling decision: the cross-level effect of brand equity. International Journal of Contemporary Hospitality Management. (SSCI)
- HU X, LI X*. (2019). Study on Macao residents' support intention towards independent visitor scheme: The moderating role of local attachment. World Regional Studies, 28(2):179-190. (CSSCI) , *Corresponding Author
- ZHANG Tao，LI Xi，WEN Huijun. (2019). Study on the impact of folk festival authenticity on tourism experience. Journal of Arid Land Resources and Environment. 33(6). 192-197 (CSSCI)
- Xi Li, H.W.Shen, Hui Jun Wen (2016) A Study on Tourists Perceived Authenticity towards Experience Quality and Behavior Intention of Cultural Heritage in Macao. International Journal of Marketing Studies. Vol 8 (4):117-123
- Shen, H., Li, X., Luo, J. M., & Chau, K. Y. (2017). One country, two strata: Implications of social and cultural conflicts of Chinese outbound tourism to Hong Kong. Journal of destination marketing & management, 6(3), 166-169. (SSCI)
- Li, X., Yin, A., & Luo, J. M. (2015). An Analysis of Cultural Differences Effect on Tourist Behaviors in Macau. International Journal of Marketing Studies, 7 (5), 25-32.
- Leong, A. M. W., & Li, J. X. (2012). A study on English teaching improvement based on stakeholders' needs and wants: The case of the Faculty of International Tourism of the Macau University of Science and Technology (MUST). Journal of Hospitality, Leisure, Sport & Tourism Education, 11(1), 67-78. (SSCI).
- LI Xi, YE Sheng, WANG Dong. (2011). Non-structured Measurement of Perceived Image in Tourism Destinations——a Case Study of Perceived Features of Macau Business Tourists. Tourism tribune, 26(12), 57-63. （CSSCI）
- Li, X., & Leong, A. M. W. (2011). Model analysis and development strategy on building an industrial research and development (R&D) Centre: Shanghai's practice and inspiration. Social Development & High Technology Industries Strategies & Applications.
- Leong M.W. Aliana & Li X. (2013), The Correlation Mechanism of Interactive Development in the Mice and Gaming Industry: The Perspective of Stakeholders, International Journal of Business and Management Studies,CD-ROM., Vol. 2, No. 1, 409–420. UniversityPublications.net. ISSN: 2158-1479
- Li X. and Leong M. W.(2011). Model Analysis and Development Strategy on Building an Industrial Research and Development (R&D) Centre - Shanghai's Practice and Inspiration. In Pablos P. et al (Editors), Electronic Globalized Business and Sustainable Development through IT Management: Strategies and Perspectives, IGI Global Publishing, USA.
- Leong MW, Aliana, & Li X. (2011) A study on tourism management in China on radio Frequency indentification(RFID) technology, in Lytras M , Pablos P et al (Editors), Digital Culture and E-Tourism: Technologies, Applications and Management Approaches, IGI Global Publishing, USA.
- Li Xi. (2010). Urban Business Tourism Competitiveness: Innovative Research on Evaluation System and Method, Tourism Tribune, (4). (CSSCI)
- Leong MW, Aliana, & Li X. (2010). Research on Interactive Strategies of Cultural Heritage Tourism and Macau Urban Development: Tourists' Perspective, International Journal of Asian Business and Information Management (IJABIM), 1(4).
- Li Xi, & Mao Lei, (2009). Research on Innovative Development Strategies of Macau's World Cultural Heritage Tourism——The Perspective of Tourist Perception, Tourism Tribune, (8). (CSSCI)
- Li Xi, (2009). Research on the Marketing Strategy of Macau Grand Prix, Based on Behavioral Investigation, Macau Research, (2).
- Li Xi, Tang Juan, & Mao Lei, (2009). Research on the Cognition and Behavior of Macau Professional Youth on Lifelong Learning, Modern Education Review, (4).
- Li Xi, & Mao Lei, (2009). Strategic Research on the Evolution of Tourism Destination Image: Analysis of Typical Regions and Its Implications for Macau, Tourism Science, (4) (CSSCI)
- Xi L. (2018) Treat or Threat? Social Impact of the Individual Visit Scheme of China Mainland Tourists on Macau, Li Wen Publishers Co. LTD
- Ma Yong, & Li Xi. (2018). Tourism Planning and Development (Fourth Edition). Higher Education Press. (Ministry of Education's Twelfth Five-Year National Planning Textbook)
- Li Xi. (2017). Planning, Organization and Management of Volunteer Tourism, China Social Sciences Press.
- Li Xi, & Ye Sheng. (2014). Enterprise Event Planning-Theory, Method and Cases, Tsinghua University Press.
- Ma Yong, & Li Xi. (2008). Project Planning and Design of Tourist Attractions, China Tourism Publishing House.
- Ma Yong, & Li Xi. (2006). Tourism Scenic Spot Management, China Tourism Publishing House.
- Ma Yong, Li Xi, & Li Juanwen. (2004). Tourism Planning and Development, Science Press.
- Macau Foundation: Research on the influence of festival landscapes on participant experience and behavior intentions, PI, 2020.
- National Social Science Fund Project: Research on the Measurement of the Development Level of Beautiful China and Its Impact on the Changes of Inbound Tourism Flow, Main Participant, 2019.
- Sanya Municipal Bureau of Culture, Sports and Tourism: Overall Planning for Rural Tourism Development of Baoqian Village, Sanya City, Consultant, 2019.
- Sanya Municipal Bureau of Culture, Sports and Tourism: Master Plan for Rural Tourism Development in Zhanan Village, Sanya City, Consultant, 2019.
- Sanya Municipal Bureau of Culture, Sports and Tourism: Overall Planning of Rural Tourism Development in Lixin Village, Sanya City, Consultant, 2019.
- Sanya Municipal Bureau of Culture, Sports and Tourism: Master Plan for the Development of Sanya Sports Tourism, Consultant, 2019.
- Macau Foundation: Leisure Motivation, Leisure Activity Involvement and Well-being Research-Taking Macau Silver Haired Group as an Example, PI, 2019.
- Macao Chinese Enterprise Association, Davos intelligence: Macao's strategic plan for the development of world tourism and leisure center, Macao expert representative, 2018.
- Macau Foundation: Strategic Research on Improving the Quality of Macau's Leisure Environment under the Background of the Guangdong-Hong Kong-Macao Greater Bay Area, PI, 2018.
- Macau Foundation: Social Impact of the Individual Visit Scheme (IVS) Of Chinese Mainland Tourists on Macau Evidence from Macau Residents, PI, 2017.
- Macau Foundation: Research on the Impact of Tourists’ Perception of Authenticity in Cultural Heritage Sites on Experience Quality and Behavioral Intentions, PI, 2016.
- Macau Foundation: Research on the Impact of Cultural Differences on Consumer Behavior, PI, 2015.
- Macau Foundation: Research on Leisure Tourism Service Quality, Experience Value and Behavior Intention, PI, 2014.
- Macau Tourism Development Commission: Research on the status quo of the career development of Macau tour guides and environmental optimization strategies, major participants, 2013.
- Macau SAR Government Tourism Office: 2013 survey of Taiwanese tourists visiting Macau, major participant, 2013.
- Macau Tourism Development Commission: Survey and Research on Tourists at Tourist Attractions in Macau, Main Participants, 2011.
- Macau Tourism Development Commission: Research on the Optimization Strategy of Macau Port Regional Tourism Service System, Major Participant, 2010.
- Macau Education and Youth Affairs Bureau: Research on the optimization of youth living conditions and growth paths in Macau gaming industry, major participant, 2010.
- A joint project commissioned by the eight departments of the Macao Special Administrative Region Government: Research on the Passenger Flow Control at the Macau Border Gate Port during Peak Period, the main participant, 2010.
- Macau Foundation: Research on the Branding Development Strategy of Convention and Exhibition City, PI, 2009.
- Macau Foundation: Research on the Optimization of Macau Business Tourism Image System, PI, 2008.
- Macao Special Administrative Region Government Tourism Office: Research on the development status of professional tourist guides in Macao, major participant, 2008.
- Shanghai Science and Technology Commission Project: "A Strategic Study on Shanghai's Establishment of an International Industrial R&D Center", major participant, 2006.
- Shanghai Science and Technology Commission Project: "Study on Promoting Interaction between Multinational Corporation R&D Institutions and Local Areas and Technology Diffusion Effect", main participant, 2005.
- Master plan for tourism development in Chancheng District, Foshan, Guangdong, major participant, 2005.
- The Eleventh Five-Year Plan for Tourism Development in Fujian Province, major participant, 2004.
- The master plan for the development of the coastal tourism belt in Fujian Province, main participant, 2004.
- Master plan for tourism development in Lufeng County, Guangdong Province, major participant, 2004.
- Master plan for tourism development in Huilai County, Guangdong Province, major participant, 2003.
- The National Natural Science Foundation of China: "Research on Multinational Corporations' R&D Investment in China and Its Spatial Effects", main participant, 2003.
- Master plan for tourism development of Puning City, Guangdong Province, major participant, 2003.
- Development strategy plan of Wuhan Tourism Group, main participant, 2002.
- Development strategy plan of Changjiang Shipping Group, major participant, 2002.
- The master plan for the development of tourism in Fujian Province, project team member, 2001.
- Master plan for tourism development of Dawu County, Hubei Province, major participant, 2001.
- Detailed tourism planning of Meimenzhai scenic spot in Anlu, Hubei, main participant, 2001.
- Constructive detailed planning of Huangniuyan tourist attraction in the Three Gorges of Yichang City, main participant, 2002.
- Master Plan for Fuzhou Tourism Development, main participant, 2001.